In Cape Town, South Africa just before the 2010 World Cup, I saw a banner that read “Let’s connect the dreaming to the doing!”
So simple, yet it captures a key principle in my life coaching. Vision + Action = Mission. You can have the clearest vision, the greatest idea, but, if you don’t put it into action, you will live in the disillusionment of unrealized possibilities. I may have missed the World Cup but I lived out my purpose as I facilitated a Coach-Approach to Leadership workshop for a team of international mission leaders that week… a win for me!
To borrow from last week’s nesting bowl analogy, you need all four bowls (vision, purpose, mission, and goals) in order to experience being fully alive! I promised to share my vision, purpose, mission, and goals with you. Here they are as a work in progress, a living-breathing-ever-changing “draft” in the making over the past ten years.
I want to see people experience being fully alive as they live out their God-given design.
I am created to be a woman of integrity who lives in a way that my actions line up with who I am and what’s important to me… and to make a difference by facilitating that process for others.
For this season of life, I put this into action through
- Praying the Word
- Life Coaching, Mentor Coaching, Retreat Coaching
- Temperament and Strengths Assessments
- Facilitating creative interactive group process
- Writing (so others can take it and run with it)
- Building strategic alliances
- Calendar regular weekly Blog postings and regular ongoing prayer team meetings for March-August 2012.
- Facilitate Professional Development Summit for pastors and ministry directors in NC March 29-31, 2012.
- Complete Myers-Briggs assessments and coaching sessions for all participants by two weeks prior to the Summit retreat.
- Hire part-time admin help (VA) by the end of April 2012 to make room for new clients.
- Coordinate with Maureen re: May ministry event by end of March 2012.
- Teach Coaching Skills Development Practicum and Coaching Skills Mastery Practicum starting mid April 2012.
- Teach/facilitate lesson on “Personality Type and the Art of Writing” for Maine Fellowship of Christian Writers on April 14, 2012.
- Announce new ladies’ Bible study/life coaching group I will facilitate for my local church in April 2012.
My hope is that you will be inspired to persist in refining your own vision that fits how God has wired you and what He is inspiring you to do. I dare to believe “God danced the day you were born!” and He is able to make your life count in ways that are above and beyond all you can ask or imagine.
TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT
- Now what about you? What legacy do you want to leave?
- What is your part in bringing it about?
- How will you put it into action so you can realize the possibilities?
Please feel free to share your thoughts to encourage others. Just click on the speech bubble at the top of this post to leave a comment.